Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Past and Future

I love to participate in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday, but I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to go out and take any pictures.  So for this week's submission, I am relying on my archives.

Here's a shot that I took of my daughter about ten years ago (hard to believe that my baby is now a senior in high school!) All I had to do was add one layer of the challenge texture, "Phoebe," and instantly the colors popped.  Now that's my kind of texture!
My daughter, Sam, textured with Kim Klassen's "Phoebe" (one layer in soft light blending mode @100% opacity) 

SOOC
While I don't have a lot of current photos to play with, I have been dreaming of the images I will capture next summer.... we are planning a hiking trip in Ireland, combined with a stay in the Italian countryside.  These are probably two of my most favorite spots on earth, so there's lots to dream about!

Here's a cottage on the west coast of Ireland where we stayed several years ago:
Textured with Pixel Dust's "Grunge Surprise" plus  Kim Klassen's "Golden", "Warm Sun" and 2 layers of "Crackerjack"
And here is a picture my husband took in Bologna.  (I forget the recipe, since I textured this awhile ago).  I know my husband took the shot because it's the view from a tower, and I do NOT go up that high without having walls and glass between me and the sheer drop below....

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

11 comments:

hannah said...

You gave it just that mellow touch with the texture. A mere hint was all the first one needed. Lovely result.

EMily said...

I love that photo of the cottage!

johanna said...

three beautiful photos... would love to come to this cottage.

Sivinden said...

Lovely shots and texture work. Your daughter with the birds in the background is my favourite:)

Teresa said...

"Phoebe" really did work so well on the photo of your daughter and I really like your choice and use of texture on the other images as well. I am loving RadLab by the way . . (I have it on the 30 day Free trial) and that's despite being very sceptical when it first came out . . .I'll give a further update nearer the end of the trial period. Have a good rest of the week, Teresa x

kareninkenai said...

All your images are lovely; the textures enhanced each one. Very nice. Thank you for posting (TT) kareninkenai

Pat said...

You have done lovely work on each of these! I love the expression on your daughter's face - so cute!

A Garden of Threads said...

Your daughter is lovely, love the shot. Composition is fabulous. I have been to Ireland twice, love Scotland more. Enjoy the rest of your week:)

Tricia said...

That texture works so well on that photo of your daughter. I love all her freckles :)

Kia said...

Ciao Kathleen! All your pictures are lovely! :) Beautiful edits! Your daughter is so precious, and the shot of Bologna is postcard-perfect! Happy rest of the week and thanks for sharing.

sabrina sane said...

Kathleen, Beautiful freckles Sam has! The texture added such warmth- did you size it so that the edges were eliminated? It looks fantastic. Love the cottage. Your trip sounds really exciting. I am longing to go to Ireland, never been.